Sega's Ultimate Puzzle Match, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, Bursts Onto Current and Next-Gen Consoles Today
Sequel to Beloved Crossover Title Introduces New Strategies to Pop and Stack
IRVINE, Calif. – December 8, 2020 – SEGA today launched Puyo Puyo™ Tetris® 2, sequel to the beloved crossover of two iconic puzzle series, on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One consoles, and will be bringing the game to PC via Steam in the new year. Blending Puyo Puyo, one of Japan’s most widely recognized puzzle game brands, and Tetris, the worldwide puzzle phenomenon, this colorful adventure is a unique crossover gameplay experience for fans of any age or skill level.
With a brand-new RPG-inspired Skill Battle mode, a colorful new story and characters in Adventure mode, a slew of online features, and much more, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 continues the successful legacy of its predecessor while adding a fresh take on the reunion of two puzzle legends.
A Mashup Made for Mayhem
With endless ways for newcomers and veterans alike to showcase their skills, these are just a few highlights featured in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2:
- Colorful crossover puzzle play for up to 4 players, online and offline
- Navigate a new overworld map in Adventure Mode and follow the all-new story adventure, as the characters traverse the merged worlds to rescue their pals from a dark corruption
- Replay stages for more rewards, experiment with different difficulty levels, test out your favorite playstyle, and unlock new characters, backgrounds, bonus stages and more
- 28 playable characters, both new and returning, each with their own unique abilities and stats
- Select characters with complementary skills in Skill Battle Mode to strategize and create the most powerful team possible and see how they stack up against your opponents
- Test out your skillset with the new online features, including challenging Puzzle Leagues, or play with up to four players in a variety of customizable matches in Free Play for a more casual experience
- Challenge modes including endless Tetris and Puyo Puyo add still more variety to solo and online play
December 8 is just the beginning of SEGA’s plans for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. After launch, players can look forward to more game features, additional characters, and more in an ongoing stream of free content updates! More information will be announced at a later date.
Limited Time Launch Edition
Boost your strategy and power your team in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2's brand-new Skill Battle mode with this pack of rare Item Cards--including 3 special cards featuring items from the Sonic the Hedgehog series!
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is now available for purchase on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One for $39.99 USD / €39.99 / £34.99 / $59.95 AUD. The Steam version will be available in the new year.
About SEGA of America
SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA CORPORATION, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America’s website is located at www.sega.com.
About the Tetris® Brand
The Tetris® brand is one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world. Now after more than 35 years, the brand continues to be loved globally by people of all ages and all cultures. Billions of Tetris games are played online every year, and over 500 million Tetris mobile games have been downloaded to date. The Tetris brand’s global licensee network includes major video game publishers, including Nintendo and Sega, as well as many partners in electronics, toys, apparel, lifestyle goods, entertainment and more. Tetris Holding, LLC, is the owner of Tetris rights worldwide, and The Tetris Company, Inc. is its exclusive licensee. For the latest information about the Tetris brand and Tetris products, please visit www.tetris.com.
©SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA, the SEGA logo and PUYO PUYO are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA CORPORATION. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Tetris ® & © 1985~2020 Tetris Holding.
Tetris logos, Tetris theme song and Tetriminos are trademarks of Tetris Holding.
The Tetris trade dress is owned by Tetris Holding.
Licensed to The Tetris Company.
Tetris Game Design by Alexey Pajitnov.
All Rights Reserved.